Cosmetic Dentistry in Spring Valley, NY
If there is anything you don’t like about your smile – whether you feel that it is too “gummy,” you have chipped or broken teeth, or it has lost its brightness – we have a procedure at Main Street Dental Care that can help. Our cosmetic dentistry treatments address a variety of issues and can give you the smile you’ve always wanted in Spring Valley, NY.
What is cosmetic dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry refers to the group of treatments that have the sole purpose of improving the appearance of a smile, rather than improving oral health. Cosmetic dentistry can address issues such as chipped, worn, or broken teeth. One of the most popular goals in cosmetic dentistry is to brighten a smile that has become stained or yellowed. Teeth that are misaligned or have gaps in between can also be treated with cosmetic dentistry.
Cosmetic dentistry procedures
You can discuss your goals with your dentist at Main Street Dental Care. Together, you will decide which treatment will be best to meet your goals as well as suit your needs.
- Teeth whitening: a simple and affordable way to improve the appearance of a smile. One in-office treatment can effectively whiten a smile that has been stained by either diet, age, or personal habits (such as smoking).
- Dental bonding: an affordable method to change the shape of a tooth. A putty-like resin is applied to the teeth, making this a noninvasive treatment that requires no tooth structure to be removed. Bonding can be used to repair teeth that are chipped, cracked, or misshapen. It can also fill in gaps between teeth.
- Dental crowns: custom-made restorations that are placed onto a tooth to treat decay or damage. A crown completely covers a tooth and can be used to change the size, shape, or strength of a tooth.
- Veneers: similar to crowns, veneers are custom-made restorations bonded to a tooth. Instead of completely covering it, however, veneers only cover the front of a tooth. They can be used to improve the appearance of chipped or misshapen teeth, as well as discolored teeth that cannot be whitened using other methods.
- Tooth replacement options: Having a gap in the smile can be unsightly. Options available for replacing the teeth include dentures, bridges, and dental implants.
Make an appointment at our office in Spring Valley, NY, to discuss your options in cosmetic dentistry. At Main Street Dental Care, we will work towards achieving a smile you’ll love.